We discussed this a little back in July.  I just want to say that the
syslog wasn't helping much.  The crashes didn't seem to have much to do
with what was in the log.  I never figured out where the problem was, but
as I said in my previous message, over the past three months it kept on
improving.  It could go 3 days without a crash.  I have now upgraded to
Ubuntu 17.10, and I'm hoping that fixes more of my problems.  I was going
to go back to 16.10 LTS, but that looked like it would be a big hassle, so
I was crossing my finger instead, just hoping it would fix itself (not as
crazy as it sounds, right?).

Mike