o1bigtenor writes:

> On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 9:57 PM, Clug <tclug at freakzilla.com> wrote:
>
>> If you have actual access to the webserver, you can probably just look at
>> it. Not really reverse-engineering - most web applications are written
in a
>> scripting language.

Well, a lot are written in C++ and other non-scripting languages.
I worked at Southwest Airlines about 16 years ago.  They were
using C, C++ and a little Java to support their website.  They
had been using Perl, but found it wasn't efficient enough for
their website.

Facebook started with PHP but since migrated heavily to C++.

Google and Bloomberg have a lot of C++ based services.

One of the strengths of my company is I started with C++.
I realized there's some development penalty to C++, but
that if you can deal with that it will reward you in the long run.

>> If you can't login, you can't really "reverse-engineer" as much as, well,
>> guess.
>

> I pay a subscription so I think I have access to all the publicly
available
> stuff.

I hope it's worth it for you.  I'm proud to say that the C++
Middleware Writer is available for free.

Brian
Ebenezer Enterprises
http://webEbenezer.net