>From your reply to Ryan, it looks like you have full access.

Here's the thing: reverse-engineering implies you have an executable and
you're trying to figure out how it works. This is not the case here. You
have a Java program, and some HTML and CSS files.

There's no reverse engineering here - you have the Java code, so you have
to look at it and see what it does. The only advice anyone can give you
for this is "Learn to understand Java". This could mean learning Java, or
being good at some other language. However, if you want to *extend* the
project, "Learn Java" is pretty much where you have to go.

HTML and CSS are absolutely NOT programming languages. HTML is a markup
language, that basically makes text look pretty and interconnected. CSS is
a way to povide HTML with consistent style. If your web app is entirely
Java, it's likely the HTML and CSS are just there to call it, so you
probably don't need to change them. Still, useful to know the basics of
how those work, too. But since they're not programming languages, that's a
lot easier.