Ha! Never take my advise Rick! Luck will quickly catch up to you!

POSIX threads are the greatest for pieces of the code having to act as
independent agents; great for the kinds of applications you were targeting.
OpenMP is what makes numerical, repetitive tasks easily programmable in
parallel, and that is what is used in numerical work and some real-time
systems that require parallelization for audio/video, etc.

You need to send us the GPS coordinates of your "playground" so we can stalk
you via google-maps and see what you are doing.