On 03/13/2017 12:08 PM, Iznogoud wrote:
> I think the question is relevant.
>
> Are we talking USENET here? (Just curious)

Thank you for responding.  I think it's based on USENET.  But I've never
subscribed to a news group so I have little knowledge of the subject.

Prior to posting I'd searched for Linux-based news readers and found
Thunderbird.  But again, I can read but don't see how to post.  I read
good things about PAN but it's not compiled even though I compiled gmime.

I did just successfully compile Alpine so that might work.