What is the dmesg output on either side? Sounds like a file system or disk error on one side or the other.

Thu Jul 27 2017 01:36:01 PM CDT from "admin" <admin at lctn.org> Subject: Re: [tclug-list] Unable to copy over large vmdk files

BQ_BEGIN

The volume with the vmdk is vmfs, on a 3par system and is mounted via sudo vmfs-fuse /dev/sdg2 LV2. I ran checkvv on that volume (from 3par) and it came up clean. However, I do get a lun mismatch warning when mounting it but it seemed informational.

The target drive is physically installed on the Linux box. It came up clean when I ran fsck.

I am wondering if it is an issue with the volume being thinly provisioned. I am going to move the file into a thick provisioned volume and see if that changes anything.

BQ_END