I usually take January and July off for programming Linux, but this July
the tropical weather is seriously killing me so I can't even steady a
mouse over an editor. Instead I made an effort to find some scientists
in Minnesota interested in advanced biofuels. Plant growth is as out of
control as mosquitoes, and forest fire smoke from Montana to California
now covers the Great Plains.

The leading scientists at the U I've found are Iranian Physics Ph.D.
student Taher Ghasimakbari, and profs. Shri Ramaswami and Bo Hu from
BBE. I've been pushing the technologies they are working on for 25 years
regarding climate and agriculture. This is how the internet worked, too,
when Mark Dayton was commissioner of energy and economic development and
Rudy Perpich was the brainpower state governor and the U was all
supercomputers.

It looks like you will be buying farm and energy technology from Asia
now, just like modern electronics.