Dee,

I also have one I've been running Shibby on that failed a year or so
ago.
There is a capacitor that goes bad, works great after replacing it.
A few hand tools, solder and a soldering iron are needed.
Google "asus rt-n16 capacitor replacement" for instructions.
Digikey has caps that will work, shipping will cost more than the
capacitor.

Regards,
Bob