> My beef is with the arcane requirements to remove a service in daemontools. I have
> to look up the sequence every time. Runit does not have this arcane requirement,
> just "rm" the symlink and the service goes away. (Again, note, no manual restarting
> of the daemon, nor complex editing of configuration files).

Right, I anderstand. But we will disagree on two things and I prefer to leave
it at that: (a) using the filesystem, especially with a complex directory
structure _and_ with non-intuitive operations like linking, unliking and
rm-ing is far from elegant in my book, and (b) unix is all about configuration
files, which are not complicated if one studies documents and manual pages.

Ansible, jailing processes, automation and virtualization have requirements
and some things can be made simpler with the (seamingly) complex (in my book)
operations. But I am of the idea that this sort of "requirement" should not
be feeding back to the structure of a really well functioning OS. I could be
dead wrong about this and I am an Ansible iliterate at best. Maybe that is
why I run Slackware.