On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 08:31:16AM -0500, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:

> Extending that idea, wouldn't it be great to explicitly 'weld' windows
> together? Either at the sides or overlapping, using the above-mentioned
> tab-like functionality of short titlebars? Sadly, my brain just doesn't
> handle coding particularly well, so I can't pick up this sort of project
> myself.

Oh man you are ruining my life... as if I did not have enough projects. Welding
windows, as in, having distributive motion operators to move them by exactly the
same amount together, is a great idea. It is possible that it can be done with
FVWM2 and possibly other window managers. You are ruining my life because I am
tasking myself to finding out if it is possible. The last thing I want to do is
dig into the FVWM2 code and write it myself... Will report back.