I have an issue while running 'Mint 17 Qiana' on an older Dell Laptop 'I don't recall the model number off hand right now'. I have not found a fix for that as of yet.

GUM GUM GUM!

________________________________
From: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org <tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org> on behalf of Jeff Chapin <chapinjeff at gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2017 3:28 PM
To: TCLUG Mailing List
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] Distros with up-to-date C++ support

Compile your own and they all do.

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 3:17 PM, B-o-B De Mars <mr.chew.baka at gmail.com<mailto:mr.chew.baka at gmail.com>> wrote:

Slackware

On 1/27/2017 2:52 PM, Brian Wood wrote:

Recently I had some trouble with getting TrueOS to hibernate
on my laptop.  So I decided to try Linux Mint.  Unfortunately,
it has support for older C++ compilers than TrueOS.  I read that
Fedora 26 will have support for compilers that are already
available on TrueOS, but the alpha for that is still 6 weeks away.
Are there any other distros to look at for this?   Thanks in advance.

Brian
Ebenezer Enterprises - Learn from the Psalms.
http://webEbenezer.net