FreeGeek is where I go to give my old hardware new life (donated upwards of $5,000 in gear there over the last five years) and also go to find random one-offs I’m missing like 36-48” 4-pin molex power cords.

It’s a great place.

As for a single volunteer (out of hundreds) I’m not surprised. There are many people that go in and out and some are old mainframe guys and some are 20-somethings in college.