I got a very nice 10 disk set of Fedora 26 from OSDisc.com recently. It
consisted of 1 Gnome and 1 KDE Live install each, and 8 repository
disks. I had gotten similar sets of opensuse 12.2 and 11.3 years ago, so
I had some experience with the tricky repository install. Opensuse
online repositories can be tricky, too, so a permanent stable repository
on disk is nice.

My question is, can Fedora really be so clumsy?? Is Gnome really so
non-intuitive, and are they too smart to need a fine tuned cursor
arrow?? KDE is reasonably familiar with opensuse but I can't figure out
how to install packages from the Fedora repository. I have an ancient
RedHat9 set I could figure out, but not Fedora. The opensuse Yast
interface is great to help a user get past configuration and into
development familiarity, but I would like to think I can be competent in
alternative distros.

The best I can figure is the KDE tool "Discover" is supposed to
construct a repository RPM database, but I don't see where it can be
reconfigured to local disk storage.