Dee,

A quick search shows some options others have found success with, but
I haven't done myself.
http://linux.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/linuxadmin-l/what-to-use-to-extract-a-selfextracting-exe-5695093

Using the localhost:631 interface to install will put the file where
your system expects it, usually in /etc/cups/PPD/ with root
permissions.

Regards,
Bob