My reply is ON THE BOTTOM....

> > > My problem with VNC is that it is unencrypted. I did write a couple of
> > > scripts
> > > that make the VNC traffic encrypted with the help of SSH.
> > >

> > encrypted connections are easy, no scripts needed, eg connect vx-connectbot
> > (or other ssh client) to your server, forward a port, eg 5905 for vnc
> > display :5, and connect bvnc via that port.  vx-connectbot and bvnc will
> > remember your parameters for your connections so you don't need to re-enter
> > them again later.
> >

> I do this all the time, mostly with "reverse tunnels." (This is an excellent
> way to provide technical support to family members, actually!) You need to play
> some tricks with local (-L) and remote (-R) tunneled connections, but it works
> stellarly.

My VNC scripts use -L and-or -R of SSH to encrypt/decrypt the protocol (name
I forgot) that VNC uses (which isn't ecrypted).

My email script also uses < ssh -L and -R > PLUS it uses
< nc (netcat) on the -L and -R ports > so I can ssh to
get my mail (I use POP3), then I locally (via GNURoot)
run a script; then on the remote machine (computer SSHed
to) I run another script that calls up mutt. Then, for
HTML MIME email, instead of mutt trying to webbrowse the
HTML, I have it send the HTML from the remote machine
ro the local machine and hit the HOME key on the phone
and go to a known path <file:///sdcard/...etc...> via
Android Chrome.

Sorry about short width--I forgot my laptop and can't get
it till tomorrow, so wrote this using smart(?)-phone.

~ Steve ~