Not supporting any of these, because I am not a developer that works in a Linux GUI environment but I would suggest at least running through a few from a google query.

http://webdesign.about.com/od/htmleditors/tp/Free-HTML-Editors-Linux-UNIX.htm <http://webdesign.about.com/od/htmleditors/tp/Free-HTML-Editors-Linux-UNIX.htm>

Because you’re not talking about specialized platforms the sky is your limit. Try one. If you don’t like it try another. I’ve used a total of 4 across two platforms in the last 20 years.