Please let us know if you "hosed" your office desktop. I'm trying to
learn something about the XWindow system by reading the old 1992 X11R5
manual book series and playing with XForms and looking at some available
source files. It might sound dumb to some here, but I find it
interesting how the original X system was designed to replace the RS232
console, and how the PC of the time was single tasking so was considered
an X Terminal at best. The whole relationship of client applications,
network invention, X Display Server was very innovative. Sending
constants over the network instead of complete graphics or pointers to
structures was an effort to simplify. It all works beautifully to this
day, and we certainly take it for granted.

The VPN and 3D desktop is way outside my skills, but I still like
learning what is new.