Googling to see if FreeBSD can be run on top of Docker brought me to this
page.

http://www.freenas.org/blog/docker-done-right/

A user of FreeBSD for sometime now, I didn't even think to check if this
was something that it supported, but I find this freaking awesome.

Why I run FreeBSD today as opposed to Linux? Many years ago I purchased two
mini-itx boards with an atom processor and 4G of memory w/ dual 1G nics.
Recently, I wanted a mini lab again and start using Puppet. To make the
story short I installed one server with CentOS 7 and the other a FreeBSD
home router. Puppet on Linux runs on Java and when starting the service my
mini server, it just wasn't sufficient and the service would die. Can't
tell you if it was due to limitations of the system, though once I tried it
on FreeBSD which runs Ruby, 30 minutes later I had a working Puppet server
running on my FreeBSD router box.

Thinking about it I don't know that I am ready to dive into Docker on
FreeBSD this minute ( I <3 u FreeBSD) Though I have been tinkering a bit
with Atomic host from the Project Atomic and would love to hear if you have
experience with any of the new lightweight OSs' running Linux containers
specifically (like CoreOS, SmartOS, Atomic or RancherOS) or any cool
project using Linux containers?

-SDA