What is off topic though?

http://project-byzantium.org/       <--------------

That is a linux distribution specifically for this reason.

What is linux and what is it good for. who decides what is on topic, off
topic, short, long, properly formated. so many negative opinions. i choose
this as one of my peer groups because of the size of the demographic. there
is literally every type of person on this list from so many different
backgrounds. i would be an idiot to not try and consult with those of you
who can handle it. didn't seem like that big of a deal to me but some of
you have a hard time ignoring emails that are an issue with you.

my grandma always said if you don't have anything nice to say don't say
anything at all; advice i wish i could follow myself!