> I got my ultra-top-secret (because nobody would or should care)
> FreePascal translation of the XForms-toolkit C headers working pretty
> well. The image library translation is fun. Aside from the many image
> format functions, raw 32 bit packed color arrays or raw 8 bit
> Red/Green/Blue Pascal arrays make a nice framebuffer that displays on an
> XWindow Canvas. Like old fashioned DOS in high resolution with
> animation, too.

Rick, please look up github and what it does and share your (top-secret)
code as an example. There can never be too much information about anything,
really.

I am on a consulting project that requires some GUI on top of scientific
software and has to only run on Unix (Linux really). I got a head start so
that I can get the example on Github (for all to see) before I am on that
payroll.

Motif is not free for commercial software; I would seek another toolkit to
do this.

> Holy hell, Motif hasn't died a well-deserved slow and painful death yet???

Motif is not dead. AMTEC's TecPlot just recently sqitched from Motif (over
20 years now) to something else (looks similar but is not). But there is
still a lot of software that uses Motif, not just legacy software. I recall
SDRC's I-DEAS (a CADD package from the 90s) had a Motif look, and it was
running on windows over Xwin32. Oh, those were great old days. Rick is not
the only old guy around!

I'd use Xt straight up but I figured I really like the CDE (from IBM) and
the MWM look of Motif.