I wanted to follow up to this thread after having attended this IEEE computer
society meeting. Chuck, et al. did a great job organizing again.

Jeremy White, the main person behind WINE, is a great guy and his work is
great and commendable. "Man of principle" and he has put out MN geekery on
the map with a _very_ successful product with a long history as well. He
was kind enough to provide a half-price code to purchasing Crossover. I think
he does not mind if I post it here. It is "IEEEWINE" and your purchase helps
his team continue a great job. Code is good until 7/31 I think.

Some things I learned.

1. LOTS of Windows software runs under WINE.

2. Even with some glitches, software may run as expected.

3. The libraries that comprise WINE are built for many x86 compatible OSs,
like MacOSX, so you can run Windows software on modern Macs with WINE.

I will be keeping a close eye on Wine and Jeremy's team.
IN