Side-tracking a bit here. Yes, ext3 and ext4 (Linux natives) and XFS, etc,
and all journaled filesystem are very good at not having corruption, but
latest state data can be lost if the journal does not catch it before the
power is out. And I did have corruption with XFS (yes, XFS!) when I had some
power issues that were robbing drives of current and the kernel was coming up
with filesystem errors.

I am the master of backups... Never have lost a bit so far. And I love XFS,
the only contribution of SGI to the Linux kernel.

Back on track. I, too, think is a bit of a losing battle if hibernation is
involved, as I said earlier. I would not be too sad about it, but it would
be annoying.