> On Aug 27, 2016, at 8:04 AM, Sandwhich Eyes <sandwhicheyes at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> it wouldn't have to be anon i just assume that is a concern to people. granted i have a limited understanding of mesh, but that doesn't mean that it can't be imagined in a different light. the general idea is when you hook up and are given an ip address you could be given alerts. how you get these alerts and whether or not there is hardware on the node/router unit in your home is what the question is.
> lets say the sirens go off, yes the air raid sirens are our alert system out here, and the fire dept volunteers are up and running. lets say the sirens are out due to power loss.

Actually that’s the case everywhere in this fine country. We just called them tornado sirens but they’re classified as “civilian alert sirens” but I digress. And if they are without power (because the required generator [2 I think?] is dead then they send someone to fix that and get it back up. When the CAS are without power that’s a liability for the county and they tend to give them first attention to get fixed which is why most municipalities test them more than the one day a month that Hennepin County tests them. I know Olmsted tests theirs every Wednesday morning with a growl test. I also know that Appleton, Wisconsin, fires theirs at 1pm every weekday. YMMV.

> the fireman have a node and it alerts them according to the sign in they used that had required them to choose which alerts to get or whether or not to get them at all. teacher is at school and ships out homework. a child at home receives alerts due to the sign in system which makes you choose which alerts to receive or whether to receive them at all. the city has a meeting and someone wants to watch but doesn't want the city hall people to know for whatever reason; idk there could be a reason to be anonymous.

I don’t see how this analogy equates… text alerts are better one - the CAS are there for all to hear whether they want to or not. Sometimes they’re late, sometimes not.

DYK you can opt out of the amber alerts and weather alerts on your cell phone? Ahyep. https://www.google.com/?q=opt%20out%20of%20amber%20alerts%20on%20mobile

> i am so busy right now that i am not doing my due diligence

Paragraphs might help. :)

> but i don't want to forget a good idea or sit and think about a good idea when it is in reality not a good idea. as i wrap my head around this i realize that there is nothing written in stone, not all ideas are going to work, and that there is still much for me to learn.

If you want true anonymity either use TOR or GOML, unplug your computer, take the battery out of your smart phone and sell your car. This isn’t the 1850s anymore and we’ve had a long time to get used to the changes.

> School talk is taking most of my time right now. and this clover pos system. i did security research on it for a business out here. while i was trying to learn about it their website went down. i am like wow they can't handle html but they are providing a secure pos system? but mostly the school talk is my focus for the next week here. i will offer more sound (but still odd) ideas in the near future.

You’d be amazed how often you think someone’s website is down and, in reality, your link to their host’s system is down. I don’t want a product that spends thousands of dollars a year on a website that glitters in the sunlight if they have a solid product and stand behind it.

What did you do before we had internet? :)