> Well, you *should* test your speed occasionally, just to make sure your
> ISP isn't overcharging you.
>
> Other than that, I agree with your agreeing with me.

Agreed. Here is what happened with me. I, very early in the process, realized
that CL (Qwest back then) was going to be acting up, circa 2002. So I got the
cheapest DSL service and _never_ went for any upgrade or special offer...
I am at $39.99 and that is it. They have been begging me to change because they
have to change hardware, and they maintain hardware on the street just for me.
I pay more than I should, probably.

I am "this close" to having no internet at home; it does not make me a better
person.