Again, more good suggestions. Lots to learn. Even 'modprobe' will tell
all the dependencies, etc.

We digress. I never needed sound, cell phones, laptops, etc. But my wife
and 3 kids use it all, some now even make the stuff in China. They are
making new laws to keep people from driving and texting.

Perhaps just the personality of an old guy that moved his then new
family out to the country for the "simple life." We watched way too many
of the old "Waltons" TV shows. All of a sudden I have up to 5 cars,
tractors, chain saws, tools, water, power, and just to keep the heat on
in a blizzard at 20 below is life itself. So I try to find simple and
reliable.

Once a pretty good math guy, even my dulled old brain can understand we
can't just keep adding to this system forever, as magnificent as it is.
And I know the old core unix model is there under a mountain of great
additions. I just think a lot of this new stuff can run in a separate
box with user software. Still "back to basics" here.

Anyway, I'll get off the soapbox and again say thanks for some good help.