I run compiled Linux From Scratch so use neither an RPM nor DEB
distribution package manager.  I got rpm2cpio.prl for Perl years ago and
use it only for OpenOffice RPM files.  I just tried it on an OpenOffice
language pack RPM file successfully.

I saw no MD5 values on their site but my md5sum matches yours.  If you
can unpack it using rpm2cpio I'll chalk it up to a mystery as I can
process the DEB file with ar.