ZFS is easy and awesome but VERY resource-heavy. You want 1GB of RAM for
each TB in your array, and you want that to be ECC RAM! Which means a
motherboard/CPU that supports that.

I'm running without ECC RAM. No real issues, really, but my system is
INSANELY slow when doing scrubs/repairs (and yes, I fixed those
parameters).