On 10/17/2015 09:52 AM, rhubarbpieguy at gmail.com wrote:

> I'm unable to kill Script2Kill.sh using "pkill Script."  Using jobs I
> see:
>
>    [1]+  Running            ./Script2Kill.sh &
>
> I can kill the script with "kill %1" but "pkill Script" has no
> effect.  I've tried several combinations, but if I understand
> correctly, pkill and part of the name string should work.  Can others
> use pkill successfully?

The responses correctly point to the problem.  I'm interested in killing
the script by name.  I can get the script name with the jobs command as
I run it in the background.  However, I apparently can't kill a script
running in the background by name; only a process by name.

It's not difficult to find the script(s) by name and then kill them with
a script.  I hoped for some obscure command to so, but worse things have
happened.