If there are small children in the house, physical media is endangered. (
I'm just happy that there aren't VCRs to hold peanut butter & jelly
sandwiches anymore. )

Needless to say, I can see why Mike has made ISOs from his DVDs.

Let me second the suggestion of Handbrake. Leave the ISOs where they are &
set up a HandBrakeCLI process with the iPad or iPhone preset to batch
convert the collection. The resulting MP4 or m4v files can be natively
consumed by all modern devices. Plus, as a nice side effect, this will
strip out all of the enforced previews /advertisements that so many DVDs
have these days. It's a better watching experience, especially with kids
who are eager to get to the desired content.

Thomas