I have video DVDs, I convert them to ISOs, then I watch them using VLC.
If I convert the DVD movies to MPEG, or some such video format, I don't
know if I can retain all the features like subtitles and various language
audio tracks.  At this point, I'd rather not do them all over again, so
I'd like to use them as they are.  I can watch them from PCs using Samba
and I can also watch them from Linux boxes using sshfs.  My only problem
is with iOS, right now, but it looks like the VLC folks might fix that.

Mike