I should have taken notes :-(
I was just happy to get it going.

I did find these together in the history file:

brsaneconfig4
brsaneconfig4 -a name=MFC-J625DW model=MFC-J625DW ip=10.0.0.252
brsaneconfig4 -q | grep MFC

I also see some files timestamped near the same date & time I got it
going in /etc/shorewall, but I don't remember if I had to open a port.
I do have 54925/udp and 54921/tcp open.
http://support.brother.com/g/s/id/linux/en/faq_scn.html?c=us_ot&lang=en&comple=on&redirect=on

Regards,
Bob