_____

From: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org] On Behalf Of o1bigtenor
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 3:36 PM
To: TCLUG Mailing List
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] Scanner setup

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 12:33 PM, Bob Gilbertson <bgilbertson at rrt.net>
wrote:

Dee,

I have a Brother MFC-J625DW working, both scan and print, over the network,
it uses the same brscan4 driver as yours.
I had difficulty getting the scanner part working initially also, print
worked fine.
If I recall from doing it a few months ago, after installing the driver I
had to open /etc/sane.d/dll.conf and make sure the net was enabled and add
'brother4' to the end of the scanner list.

Thank you - - - this is the mostest (sic) that anyone has gotten!

Opened the file you mentioned:

first item is 'net' and 'brother4' was at the end of the list.

Now how do I get it to do something?

Dee

Plug it in?   :-)