Dee,

I have a Brother MFC-J625DW working, both scan and print, over the
network, it uses the same brscan4 driver as yours.
I had difficulty getting the scanner part working initially also,
print worked fine.
If I recall from doing it a few months ago, after installing the
driver I had to open /etc/sane.d/dll.conf and make sure the net was
enabled and add 'brother4' to the end of the scanner list.

HTH,
Bob