> On Fri, 22 May 2015, Kristopher Browne wrote:
>
>> Let me correct that for you:
>>
>>> Also IRIX, DecUNIX/Tru64 and hell (SCO)…
>
> Eh. It was Just Another UNIX-Variant back in the '90s. Unless it was
> during the time they claimed THEY were UNIX and everyone else was a
> variant? I forget who owned what name when.

SCO bought UnixWare from Novell in 95. UnixWare was in some sense
the direct descendant from Unix System Laboratories. At that point
they began claiming they owned the name (and if I remember right,
Novell came back and said something like "sorry, we sold you
everything EXCEPT the rights to the name Unix").

The good ole days..