I was trying really hard to be non-specific about the situation, while
being very specific about the solution I want to use - my bad.

The situation is someone I know who is VERY non tech-savvy had a problem
with a printer at work (very small place) and went to what they THOUGHT
was the support site for that printer, where they were told to "download
and run" something that gave the person on the other end access to their
system so they could "diagnose" the problem.

Naturally my friend came to their senses AFTER all this and are now
terrified that their system is "full of viruses". And they are really,
really not wanting to let their employer know.

So I'm basically doing some guerilla support on this. I therefore can't
yank the drive (which would be my preferred option). I /have/ used Linux
Live CDs in the past do run malware removers, but that was years back, and
I was hoping there are some good/better options nowadays. Barring that,
I'm bringing portable malware/spyware/antivirus stuff with me on a USB
drive and booting the thing into safe mode.

It's not a big deal and I'm not asking for advice on how to fix stuff. I
specifically want to know if you guys have advice on a live rescue CD
image (: