On Fri, 8 May 2015, Linda Kateley wrote:

>> 1. Add new drive (/dev/sdj)
>> 2. zpool offline media
> Offline is used for a disk not a whole pool

Oh, ok. Wouldn't it be a good idea to take the whole pool down? I'm going
to shut down everything that uses that data, for sure.

> Yea, it depends on how much data it needs to read to rebuild. If it's empty
> probably a couple seconds, if it is a 11+1 full 4TB drives maybe several
> days..

The pool is made of two 3+1 3TB raidz1, and it's like 60% full. I don't
know what is where but when that one disk was not functioning correctly I
was seeing a LOT of errors. A scrub of that pool takes at least 60 hours,
even if I manage to not access it at all (yes, the better part of a week).
This thing was DEFINITELY not built for speed, it was built for
reliability (and space) (: