On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 7:10 PM, Craig Smith <craigallynsmith at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I will report performance improvement once I get everything working.
>

> On a good day, my old Pentium3 (single core) @ 730Mhz (1461.97 bogomips)
> with 500mb RAM would compute 40MB of mp4 data in 12 to 13 hrs.
>

> Now my new i5 @3.5Mhz (4 cores at  6997.97 bogomips) with 32gb RAM cranks
> out 200 to 300 MB of mp4's in an hour or two.
>
> That's about 6x more data in an eighth of the time.

I'm glad it is working well.

If you need a bit of a laugh, re: bogomips:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BogoMips
>From the article: An oft-quoted definition of the term is "the number
of million times per second a processor can do absolutely nothing".
It seems like someone brought that to my attention some time back when
I was looking at bogomips numbers as a performance indicator.

- Justin