Not sure how much introduction is necessary here, but in any event, I've
just set up a debian installation with fluxbox and I've been customizing
things the way I like them, but I 've run into an issue trying to replicate
the features of a program called puush under windows.
Essentially what I've done is taken this
<https://github.com/blha303/puush-linux/blob/master/puush> script (although
I'm using curl with -s, not -#), in combination with scrot and fluxbox to
make Ctrl-Shift-4 allow me to select an area of the screen, and then pass
that to puush for uploading and dump the url to the clipboard with xclip.
I've been trying to run a separate shell script that looks like this:

#!/bin/bash
scrot -s -e 'puush $f' | xclip -selection c

from .fluxbox/keys using a line like this:

Control Shift 13 :exec 'sh /path/to/file.sh'

and after trying many different variations on that, I still can't get it to
work, the hotkey works if I assign a different command to it, and running
said shell script from the terminal works great, but combined, nothing
happens.

Thanks,
Clark A.