> The pogoplug that I have is dead. The serial port has no output and
> the led doesn't flash.

>From the user manual for the Kirkwood CPU:

24.2.5.2 UART0 Sensing

      Before starting a specific boot sequence indicated by the
      bootstrap, the bootROM tries to sense the UART0 interface, to
      detect a user request for entering bootROM command line debug
      mode or a request to boot from UART, using the Xmodem protocol.

      If the bootROM detects the 64-bit UART boot pattern (0xBB 0x11
      0x22 0x33 0x44 0x55 0x66 0x77) injected by the user, as an
      indication to start the Xmodem protocol and the UART boot
      process); it configures the appropriate MPPs to operate as
      UA0_RXD and UA0_TXD, as in the previous sub-section and starts
      the Xmodem protocol to load the image from UART to the DDR.

kwboot sends this 0xBB 0x11 0x22 0x33 0x44 0x55 0x66 0x77 code. The
CPU will then wait for code to be downloaded and it will then execute
it. So use kwboot to download u-boot....

http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?3,7852,7852

This says some pogoplugs work with kwboot, others don't. Give it a go
and see.

    Andrew