On Sat, Jun 06, 2015 at 07:58:36AM -0500, Joseph Key wrote:

> On 2015/06/05 11:01 PM, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> >On Fri, Jun 05, 2015 at 10:43:37PM -0500, Joseph Key wrote:
> >>Does anyone have or know of a local place where I can get a JTAG
> >>adapter. I'm trying to restore a pogoplug device that I bricked.
> >Hi Joseph
> >
> >You might not need JTAG.
> >
> >Pogoplug uses a Marvell Kirkwood CPU. The BootROM allows it to boot
> >over serial. Look in the u-boot sources for the utility kwboot. It
> >allows you to download a u-boot into RAM and then execute it. You can
> >then use that to write a u-boot to FLASH. Or boot to Linux and then dd
> >u-boot into mtd.
> >
> >      Andrew
> I have used the serial port to load a new program. The only problem
> is I did a nand erase with out the 0x100000 and it erased the u-boot
> information.

I'm not sure we are talking about the same things here.  What do you
mean by information? Do you mean u-boot environment variables? You
should not need those to boot u-boot.

Also, kwboot does not need u-boot. It uses what is in the Kirkwood
ROM, inside the chip. There is no way you can erase that. So if you
have erase u-boot, that will not stop kwboot working.

     Andrew