> On Jul 28, 2015, at 2:15 PM, Brian Wood <woodbrian77 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Ryan Coleman writes:
> >
> > Brian - did you ever find the issue or were you electrocuted in the process?
> >

> No, I haven't figured it out yet.  I talked to Microcenter about doing
> some diagnostics.  I'd be willing to pay the $40, but they won't let me
> watch the technician.  I want to make sure I walk out with the same
> chip I walked in with and so forth.  So I'm looking for another company
> to test the parts.

Why is this a concern? They wouldn’t send you with different parts without charging you for them. You can always record the serial numbers of the board, RAM and CPU before you go there and compare when you return. I suggest photos instead of written as time stamps on images are unrefutable. Especially when they are still stored on the original device (mobile phone).

> And, yes, I always had both the 24 pin and 8 pin power cables connected.

K.