Clug writes:
>On Mon, 13 Jul 2015, Linda Kateley wrote:
>> Not sure if this is off topic, but wondering where people buy just
general
>> purpose server hardware from in the twin cities?
>>
>> I got a couple servers to buy.. not sure if i really want to buy off
ebay ;)

>> linda
>
> I build them myself. I like newegg for parts research... but sadly Amazon
> (with Prime) ends up much much cheaper for shipping.

I find that newegg is sometimes a lot cheaper than Amazon.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157561&cm_re=asrock_motherboard_intel_ecc-_-13-157-561-_-Product

http://www.amazon.com/ASRock-C226M-WS-LGA1150-Motherboard/dp/B00U07CKGA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436680147&sr=8-1&keywords=asrock+c226m

I recently ordered parts for a new server and got most of them
from Newegg and one from Amazon.  Most of the parts are
here, but the part from Amazon is slow to arrive for some reason.
I noticed that the case maker pre-installed the motherboard
offset screws.  Years ago when I built a system, you had to do that
yourself.  Now I'm deciding whether to take the advice of some to
build the system outside the case first.

--
Brian
Ebenezer Enterprises - In G-d we trust.