Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 22:18:28 -0500
From: Christopher Burg <christopherburg at christopherburg.com>
To: cryptopartymn at lists.riseup.net
Subject: [CryptoPartyMN] Meeting Tomorrow

Hello denizens of the CryptoPartyMN mailing list,

We’ve been pretty bad at sending out meeting notifications to you. I’m
going to work on fixing that. But I will also point out that meetings
will be posted on our website now so you can see them here:

https://www.cryptopartymn.com/

Tomorrow’s meeting, which starts a 6:30, will be held at The Wedge
Table (not to be mistaken with The Wedge). The site has a link to the
place on Google Maps. At first this meeting was planned to be mostly
focused on organizing our next CryptoParty but I’m planning on brining
something more fun for your entertainment.

By now many of you have probably heard about the Hacking Team breach,
For those who haven’t, Hacking Team is a company that sells
surveillance malware to tyrannical regimes such as Sudan, Ethiopia, and
the Drug Enforcement Agency. Their internal network was breached and
400GB of data was released to the Internet including exploitation code.
I’m collecting a sort of “best of” list from the data. At tomorrow’s
meeting I will be discussing the need for good security by showing the
very bad security practices done at Hacking Team (I’m not even joking,
there were login credentials stored in plain text files and the
credentials used terrible passwords to boot).

So join us for some planning, some laughs, and some serious discussion
on why terrible security can no longer be accepted.