On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 9:56 AM Brian Wood <woodbrian77 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I found one now that looks interesting
>

> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157562&cm_re=server_motherboards_m.2-_-13-157-562-_-Product
>

> http://www.amazon.com/Intel-I3-4160-Processor-Hyper-Threading-BX80646I34160/dp/B00LV8U0VE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436116265&sr=8-1&keywords=i3+4160
>
> Does this look like the right memory for the above?
>

> http://www.amazon.com/Crucial-PC3-12800-Unbuffered-240-Pin-CT102472BA160B/dp/B006YG8ZNI/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1436133691&sr=1-3&keywords=unbuffered+ecc

Probably not.  The specs on that server board do not specify ECC, and the
memory is ECC.
You can google around for some more specific info on the subject, but
generally, if a newer motherboard doesn't support ECC RAM, it won't work at
all, unlike the "good old days" (pre-DDR) when it just didn't function as
ECC.
You're probably better off going for a non-ECC version of the memory, or
continuing your search for a board, if ECC is a deal-breaker for you.
- Justin