Raymond Norton <admin at lctn.org> writes:

> Trying to help a friend out with a usb drive that shows up under lsusb,
> but does not show up as a storage device. (was working)
>
> lsusb: Bus 001 Device 005: ID 090c:3000 Silicon Motion, Inc. - Taiwan
> (formerly Feiya Technology Corp.)
>

> Chip info: Hynix H27UBGBT2BIR BC 113AA
>
> In very small print, possibly M1VKR016JJ (don't have magnify glass)
>
> What linux tools or methods might be available to try and get the device
> to show up as a storage device?

I've had similar problems.  The only thing that's worked for
me is to plug the drive into a Windows 7 machine.  Sometimes
I have to remove the drive and plug it back in several times
before Windows will bring up a window that has some "General
options".  One of the options is to read the drive and give you
a listing.  Once I get the listing that's usually enough and I can
remove the drive and plug it back into either a FreeBSD or
Linux machine and they will be able to recognize the drive
again.  I had to do that just a few days ago.

--
Brian
Ebenezer Enterprises - In G-d we trust.