Well, I did program great big old bakelite circuit boards with hard wires
(seriously!). OTOH, I never did (then) learn to touch type even though I
had a job that was, in part, keypunching on Hollerith cards.

One time, I typed a J in column 7, which should always be blank, and caused
a core dump on the IBM 7040. Should have gotten about 3 pages of output;
got, maybe, 700.