Even when I worked for a Fortune 100 company, most files on the C drives,
not backed up on a network drive, did not survive either an equipment or an
operating system upgrade. The IS people said they would migrate stuff, but
then it wouldn't work etc. etc.

Oh, and until almost 2014, we were limited to
20MB on the network drives per employee without special dispensation, which
required VP-level approval.

And Sprint brings over hardly anything when you upgrade phones.

I know they always say to back up your files, but when they aren't
reclaimable when needed...