On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 4:01 PM, Raymond Norton <admin at lctn.org> wrote:
> Off Topic:
>
> I can expand on this question if needed,but wondering if a sustained ping is
> active through a specific route at the time a hop goes down and BGP is being
> used, will the ping follow the new route, uninterrupted, or have to be
> restarted?

My un-educated answer: it depends.  If the BGP route is the next hop
from the machine sending the ping, then yes, you'll probably need to
restart.  The ping instance will continue to want to use the broken
path as its next hop.  If, however, you're downstream from the BGP
route (another hop between you and the BGP router) it shouldn't matter
because your machine's next hop wouldn't change.

Does that describe the behavior you're seeing?

Brian