On 1/7/2015 4:36 PM, paul g wrote:
> Mr. Bob I am looking at this page here
> -->http://www.slackware.com/install/bootdisk.php
>
> 1. Are these the only Slackware images recommended? I have a Pentium MMX
> that I was thinking about using.

Not sure if the current release will work on a Pent MMX (how much ram?)
  Read the announcement, and release note to confirm.  You might need to
use an older version.

> 2. A floppy drive is required to install any of these image files? Or
> could I use dd to copy an image file to a cd and boot that way if bios
> supports?

You don't need to make floppy disk anymore.  You can use cd or dvd to
boot, or do a network install (smoke'm if you gott'm)  That link is
beyond out-dated.  Look here for more updated documentation:

http://docs.slackware.com/

for install help:   http://docs.slackware.com/slackware:install

Also, the most commonly used Slackware forum is at Linux Questions

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/

Lastly, if you still use usenet the long lived Slackware newsgroup is
still highly active, and extremely knowledgeable.
alt.os.linux.slackware