On 01/07 09:49 , Kenneth Lynes wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I am perplexed lately as to what version of Linux to use. I hated the Unity
> desktop and wanted to keep Ubuntu as I really liked it before that change. I
> know that underneath it was the same as before and would work best for me, but
> I wanted my familiar menu back.

I despise Unity, so I installed KDE. I think you can just 'apt-get install
KDE' and it sets up KDM (the login tool) and everything.
Not that I'm a huge fan of KDE either, but it has some nice features. I
mostly use it for the BII window decorations (titlebars only as wide as they
need to be, so I can overlap windows and still see all the titlebars),

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator